Protect Your Website with AsOne’s Secure Website Packages for WordPress
Cyber security is becoming an increasingly important consideration for any business owner, and taking steps to protect your website is now a vital activity.
If your website is a key source of revenue for your business, or even if it is just a place your customers can go to find out more about you, failing to properly protect it can have disastrous consequences.
While most business leaders and owners know this to be true, many are still failing to divert the investment or resources necessary to secure their website.
Know your security vulnerabilities
Due to its flexibility and affordability, WordPress is the most popular content management system on the web and is the platform of choice for many businesses.
Unfortunately, this also exposes WordPress sites to a number of known security vulnerabilities that need to be addressed:
- Log in page – Most people use the default log in page for WordPress, meaning it is very easy for hackers to find and then try to force entry to your site. Many sites to not limit the number of password attempts either.
- Weak passwords – By default WordPress does not force users to enter strong passwords (for example using a mix of numbers, letters and special characters).
- Outdated or untrustworthy code – Failing to install the latest updates of core WordPress code and all of the themes and plugins on your site can leave you open to being hacked. Hackers will actively look for sites that have not installed the latest security patches and try to exploit them.
Options to protect your website
Thankfully, there are some simple steps you can take to help protect your website.
- For example, checking your site admin pages regularly to see if there are updates available and making sure they are installed does not take a lot of time, but can make a huge difference.
- Secondly, you might want to think about installing an SSL certificate on your site to make it more secure.
AsOne works with a number of businesses that don’t have the time or expertise to manage these security vulnerabilities themselves, and offers a number of packages to help provide create peace of mind.
- WordPress Lockdown – This one off package changes the default admin page and disables several WordPress options to make it more difficult to gain access to your site. It also includes checking that the latest version of core WordPress software is installed.
- WordPress Servicing & Protection Warranty – This package is for businesses who want to ensure that the security of their site is monitored on a monthly basis. It includes everything in the Lockdown package, as well as other features such as daily scans of the site for malware, regular checks that software is up to date and a priority clean, repair and restore if your site is hacked.
Click here for more information on these packages.
Working with a partner such as AsOne is an excellent way to ensure that the security of your website is not ignored, without diverting time or energy away from your core business.
If you’d like more information or want to understand how AsOne can help to protect your business from cybercrime, get in touch and we can talk you through the various options.