Crafting Innovative Marketing Strategies for Accounting Firms
With so many different options available today, devising marketing strategies for accounting firms can seem overwhelming. All too often the temptation is to stick with traditional approaches that might have worked in the past, rather than taking the steps necessary to embrace digital marketing methodologies.
Thankfully more and more accounting firms are now looking at how they can leverage platforms like social media, pay per click ads and content marketing to help grow their business.
Marketing Strategies for accounting firms
When crafting marketing strategies for accounting firms, there are several things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Attract NEW customers – The core driver behind most marketing campaigns is ultimately to attract new customers. This is so obvious, but it is sometimes overlooked. Doing the same things that you’ve tried in the past is likely to yield the same results, so try varying your approach, marketing through different channels or positioning your message in a slightly different way. This might include targeting slightly different keywords through an AdWords campaign, or buying banner ads that appeal to a certain industry that perhaps you haven’t engaged with before.
- Fit with your brand – Launching a digital marketing campaign doesn’t mean you need to reinvent your business. Your marketing strategy should be a true reflection of your brand, the way you operate and the type of clients you are trying to attract. If you are trying to be something you’re not, it will show.
- Differentiate from the competition – While you want to stay true to your own core values, you also want to stand out from the competition. This means emphasising the things that your company is great at or does differently from everyone else.
- Engage your existing clients – Marketing needn’t be all about attracting new customers, in fact, it is often easier to upsell your services to existing customers. There is also value in using your marketing channels to provide useful value add informational services to these customers which might increase the likelihood of repeat custom. Engaging these customers through insightful email campaigns, reminding them of key financial dates, or providing useful business advice will always be appreciated.
- Learn and evolve – A key part about successful marketing strategies for accounting firms is that they continually evolve and improve. By analysing performance data you can highlight which elements of the campaign worked well and which should need to be refined. You can also double down on the things that are working particularly well. For instance, if you find that your messages resonate with a particular industry, you can step up your efforts to reach this audience, targeting more relevant keywords, or placing more banner ads in relevant locations.
Leverage Industry Experts
A final factor to consider when thinking about your marketing strategy is whether you would benefit from external support and advice.
At AsOne we consider ourselves an ideas agency, and specialise in bringing fresh ideas to our customers to help them promote their businesses in innovative ways. We’ve been building marketing strategies for accounting firms for a number of years and have extensive knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
If you’d like some advice on how best to get your campaign started, don’t hesitate to get in touch.