Understanding Marketing for Accountants
Many accountancy businesses are traditional firms that have long-standing relationships with a few key clients. New clients are often referred by word of mouth and therefore they have not historically invested a great deal in marketing initiatives. However, in an ever-digitising marketplace, those word-of-mouth conversations are now happening online more than ever, and digital marketing for accountants has never been more important.
Digital marketing is changing the landscape of how businesses and consumers operate, and firms who do not explore its potential risk not only limiting their ability to expand their customer base, but also losing their existing clients.
Like other industries, marketing for accountants includes a number of different techniques that are used together as part of a joined-up strategy. These include:
- Paid ads – Paying for advertising space online is a simple introduction to digital marketing for accountants. By using ad networks, like Google AdWords, and only paying for customers who click on your ads, this can be a very quick way to increase traffic to your site.
- Content marketing – If you want to share valuable information with your customers, content marketing for accountants is a great route to take. This could be in the form of blog posts, or in longer, more in-depth articles. This is also an excellent way to demonstrate your authority in your field, or to share your unique approach that separates you from your competitors.
- Search Engine Optimisation – Tailoring your content to optimise it for search engines like Google and Bing increases the likelihood of web traffic finding your through keyword searches. This includes things like naming images, completing descriptions for each of your pages and ensuring your site has an appropriate SSL certificate. These are small, and often free, careful steps that can make a huge difference to the ROI of marketing for accountants online.
- Social media – Sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn can be great for sharing information and interacting with your customers more directly. This could include tips on anything from how to manage accounts more effectively or other business advice.
- Email marketing – Keeping a list of email subscribers and sending our strategically timed emails can be a great approach for marketing accountancy services. You can send out prompts at relevant times of year, such as tax deadlines, and explain how you are well placed to help take this burden off your customers.
- Third-party reviews – Embedding testimonials and third-party reviews on your site is a great way to turn your best customers into your extended sales team, helping to promote your services to other potential clients that land on your site. It is also a good way of getting real feedback that you can take on board to help improve your services.
AsOne’s extensive experience in marketing for accountants, as well as our expertise in digital business development, places us perfectly to advise you on your digital strategy. With a full suite of analytics behind any campaign with us, you can be sure you’re getting the best out of your budget.
At AsOne, we work collaboratively with our clients to ensure that the digital business we enact today is in line with your business plan of 2, 5 and 10 years down the line. By fostering close relationships with all of our clients, we ensure that there is no risk of misunderstanding or misdirection; we go above and beyond to eradicate the risks commonly associated with outsourcing work to agencies.
For more information on marketing for accountants, or a more in-depth discussion about how AsOne could help your business to grow don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to one of our experts.
Alternatively, you can find us at the North East Expo on May 2nd 2019, at Kingston Park, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.