Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends 2019
Marketing has evolved significantly over the past decade, with the introduction of new technologies enabling radical new approaches as well as revamping traditional marketing techniques. When it comes to digital marketing trends, 2019 looks set to see many important advances as businesses invest in smarter and more cost effective ways to reach their target audience.
Top Digital Marketing Trends 2019
Some of the key trends that we are anticipating for 2019 include:
1. Personalisation – As companies collect more and more data about our spending patterns and online behaviour, it becomes possible to create more personalised user journeys and offers that will appeal uniquely to specific customer segments or even individual customers. Recommendation engines have been around for some time, but as the underlying machine learning technology has improved and become cheaper, personalisation will become more commonplace in 2019.
2. Marketing Automation – As technology advances it is becoming easier to automate more and more of the marketing lifecycle. Email marketing automation is already fairly well established, but expect in 2019 to see more advanced automation coming into play. This will include things like automated personalisation as outlined above, but will also be far more comprehensive, encompassing email marketing and targeting on social media.
3. “Authority” Content – Content marketing remains a key focus area for most marketers in 2019, but the approach will continue to shift towards high quality original content. As the sophistication of search algorithms increases, sites that can establish themselves as the “authority” on a particular topic will be rewarded.
4. Omni-Channel Experiences – A few years ago companies started talking about “multi-channel” and “mobile first”, but in 2019 more companies will look to take that a step further, embracing the shift to “omni-channel”. This essentially means offering customers a consistent experience whichever method of communication they decide to use, and also being able to switch from one channel to another. This might mean browsing an online shop through a mobile app but completing the order on a laptop at home.
5. Data Protection and Integrity – 2018 saw the introduction of GDPR, which aims to put some of the control of data back into the hands of the public. It also punishes businesses who misuse their customer data. Awareness of what companies are doing with personal data will continue into 2019, with many still updating their terms and conditions to ensure that they are being totally clear and transparent with their audience.
Partnering for Success
With so much going on in the marketing space, keeping abreast of the latest digital marketing trends isn’t easy, and many companies get stuck using the same tired old methods. At AsOne we help to take this strain away from our clients, by constantly monitoring the latest advances and making recommendations where appropriate.
By building long-term partnerships with our clients, we understand their appetite for change and we can ensure they are well positioned to lead in their industry.
For more information on these trends or an overview of how they could impact your organisation, don’t hesitate to contact us and speak to one of our expert digital marketers.