Creating a Content Marketing Strategy
For a long while, companies have known and understood the benefits of regularly posting content to their blog, but for many this is as far as they get. Without a clear, joined up plan, blogs often sit idle and suffer from long periods of inactivity between posts. Creating a clear content marketing strategy from the outset gives you the best chance of succeeding and ensuring that your content has maximum impact.
A good content marketing strategy can do a number of key things for your business, including:
- Generate traffic – Regularly posting high quality content to your site gives you the best chances of ranking in search engines like Google and Bing for your target terms. This will secure you a steady stream of traffic over the long-term.
- Raise awareness – You can use content marketing to inform your customers of developments in your business or industry, keeping them up to speed and positioning yourself as the leading authority in the space.
- Increase sales – Content marketing can act as an extension of your sales force, explaining to your customers the benefits of one product over another, or emphasising why now is a good time to buy. This helps your customers to make buying decisions, ultimately increasing your sales.
Many people see increased organic search traffic as the primary goal of their blog and while this can take a long time before you start to see the impact, there are lots of things you can do to increase the viewers of your content in the short term.
There are a number of ways that you can take back control and increase the number of people that see your content, including:
- Email lists – By capturing email addresses from your customers, suppliers and partners, you can send out a weekly or monthly email newsletter with links to your latest posts. This is a great way of informing people when you have new content available without them having to check back all the time.
- Social media – To give your content a chance of being seen more widely, you can post your links on social media sites like Facebook or LinkedIn. This quickly alerts your followers to new content, but also gives it much wider reach once people start “liking” or sharing it.
- Direct / syndication – Another method is to email other relevant sites directly to tell them about your new content and if it is interesting to them, they may decide to reference it or link to it in their future posts.
Content Marketing, AsOne Style
At AsOne, our approach has always been to look holistically at digital marketing as part of a broader digital business development strategy. Content is key to this, as it is a vital way of sharing your messages with your customers. Creating a content marketing strategy that aligns with other marketing efforts and the overall goals of the business is a sure fire way to accelerate your success.
For more information on creating a content marketing strategy to help drive your business forward, don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to one of our experts. Contact us today.