Conference Room Marketing Techniques To Set You Apart
In the digital age we live in, with more and more business being conducted over the internet, it might seem counterintuitive that there has been a resurgence in the popularity of conferences over the past few years. However, representatives of multiple companies coming together to exchange specific ideas and services are now a critical part of building relationships and doing business.
For hoteliers and other venues, this presents a great opportunity to increase the number of conference room bookings. But many in the hospitality industry aren’t doing enough to showcase their establishments to the full potential.
Marketing Your Conference Room Facilities
There are several key steps that you can take to help increase the visibility and appeal of your conference facilities, including:
- Know your customer – Take time to get to know your target market and find out what they are looking for in a conference room. Your marketing should make it clear that you understand the needs of conferences organisers, and that you have all the facilities to make their event a success. When was the last time you took a step back to think about the trends in the industry?
- Show off your venue – Digital media gives you lots of options to demonstrate the selling points of your space. This should include high-quality images, video, or even a virtual tour. Do your current assets really show your establishment in the best possible light?
- Auditorium space – Professional speakers often present at conferences, so it is important that you show you have suitable space available.
- Conversational space – Inter-connected conversational spaces also make it possible for people to pick a discussion in a more private manner.
- Show the journey, not just the end result – Showing your conference room as a blank canvas being transformed into the final state is a great way to help potential customers visualise what they could do. Blog posts charting the journey, images, or even time-lapse videos are all effective ways of doing this.
- Consider your local surroundings – Is there an industry your region is famed for? If so, you may be able to partner with local companies or trade bodies for mutual benefit, using your conference room to promote the region.
Conference Room Marketing by AsOne
At AsOne, we understand that no two events are exactly the same, and you have to work creatively to market your conference room facilities to appeal to a broad spectrum.
We’ve worked with clients across the hospitality industry to improve the impact of their digital marketing strategies and increase the number of MICE bookings year on year. We tailor our approach to the individual needs of each client and focus on building long-term relationships, getting to know the business and the target customer, before implementing holistic strategies that get results.
For more information on the most effective methods for marketing your conference room facilities, don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to our expert team. Businesses based in the North East may be able to qualify for a grant of up to 40% of their project cost under the NEBSF funding scheme, which AsOne are proud to be a part of.