Luxury Hotel Marketing
It is becoming more and more important for hoteliers to embrace modern marketing techniques to help promote their brands and differentiate themselves from the competition.
Luxury hotels have a wealth of options available to them when it comes to marketing, but is essential that the high standards that the hotel maintains shine through in both the choice of channel and the messaging.
It is also vital that these marketing techniques demonstrate the high levels of creativity and quality that warrant the hotel to charge a premium.
For example, a website with broken links does not fill customers with confidence that they will experience a premium stay.
Where to start your luxury hotel marketing?
- Find a strategic partner – marketing your hotel is something that requires deep marketing expertise and dedicated resource. Most hoteliers find they are better off partnering with third parties for these skills rather than trying to hire and build I house teams. An external team brings expert talent and leaves you to focus on the things you are best at.
- Identify your audience – For your marketing campaigns to be successful and profitable, you must first clearly identify your target audience. This will ensure you properly tailor your message to reach your desired niche, as opposed to wasting money talking to the wrong people. This is particularly applicable to luxury hotel marketing where you want to attract a certain type of clientele.
- Assess your options – As outlined above, there are lots of options when it comes to marketing your hotel. But luxury hotel marketing should be about carefully curating a handful of different marketing channels that will appeal directly to your target audience. For example, you may decide to do a small scale Facebook campaign targeting a very specific audience.
- Launch you strategy – Quality needs to shine through in every aspect of the campaign, so content of a very high standard is a must. This means exceptional photos and graphics, with a well thought out copy. It is also vital that everything ‘just works’, exactly as people expect when they stay at your hotel. If you offer someone a discount code, be 100% sure that it works when they come to book their stay.
- Optimise – A marketing strategy should never be a static thing, but rather something that evolves over time. Ensuring that all your campaigns are properly set up with tracking and analytics will enable you to quickly pinpoint what is and isn’t working. Armed with this information you can tweak your campaigns, doubling down in the areas where you’ve seen success, and revising areas that were less successful.
Charting a course for success
While there are some techniques that will give a quick boost to your revenue, it is best to approach luxury hotel marketing as something that you will invest in on an ongoing basis.
At AsOne we have experience working with luxury brands from a number of different industries and know what works and what doesn’t.
Partnering over the long term with our clients enables us to constantly monitor the performance of the campaigns, making gradual refinements and improvements as new techniques and ideas emerge.
If you are wondering whether it is time you review your luxury hotel marketing strategy, don’t hesitate to get in touch.